The new generation of the Porsche Taycan electric sports car is the first vehicle in the world to feature integrated Apple CarPlay 2. CarPlay 2 is a major update to Apple’s in-car operating system that offers a deeper integration with the iPhone, including support for widgets, Siri, and Apple Music.
What’s New in CarPlay 2?
CarPlay 2 includes a number of new features and improvements, including:
- A new dashboard that can be customized with widgets for things like music, weather, and maps;
- Support for Siri, which can be used to control CarPlay features, make phone calls, and send messages;
- Full integration with Apple Music, which allows users to browse and play music directly from the CarPlay interface;
- A new “Do Not Disturb” mode that can be used to silence notifications while driving.
How Does CarPlay 2 Work in the Porsche Taycan?
In the Porsche Taycan, CarPlay 2 is integrated into the car’s infotainment system. The system features a 10.9-inch touchscreen display that can be used to control CarPlay features. CarPlay 2 can also be controlled using the car’s steering wheel controls or voice commands.
What Are the Benefits of CarPlay 2?
CarPlay 2 offers a number of benefits for Porsche Taycan owners, including:
- A more convenient and intuitive way to use the iPhone while driving.
- Access to a wider range of features and apps.
- A more personalized driving experience.
Is CarPlay 2 Available on Other Cars?
CarPlay 2 is currently only available on the Porsche Taycan and the Aston Martin DBX. However, other automakers are expected to add CarPlay 2 to their vehicles in the future.